- Jumbo Loans:
- Jumbo Loans exceed the maximum loan amounts established by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac conventional loan limits. Currently in North Carolina the maximum Fannie Mae conforming loan limit is $417,000. Rates on jumbo loans are typically higher than conforming loans. Jumbo Loans are typically used to buy more expensive homes and high-end custom construction homes. This loan option is a good consideration for ocean front and coastal properties as they generally have purchase prices above the conforming loan limits.
A "non-conforming" loan with mortgage amounts above the maximum conforming loan limits.
Available in a variety of fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loan options.
You may be able to add extra features such as interest-only payments or temporary buydowns.1,2
- You can obtain financing for loan amounts up to $2 million.
- Provides the convenience of one loan for the entire loan amount and the choice of a variety of loan options.
- Interest rates are usually slightly higher on jumbo mortgage loans than on conforming loans with lower loan amounts.
- With the interest-only option, you cannot build equity through monthly interest-only payments without making voluntary principal payments during the interest only period.